School Innovation & Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic school year
School Innovation and Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
Forest Edge Elementary School
Jill Zuber, Principal
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #1: Math
Forest Edge ES will increase the percent of K-2 classrooms implementing number sense routines from 90% to 100%. Forest Edge ES will increase the percent of students showing at least one years worth of growth, as measured by the number and operations student interview rubric, from 83% to 87%.
Grades 3-6 SOL Forest Edge ES will increase the percent of students passing the 2020 math SOL (3rd - 7th) from 83% to 86%. Forest Edge ES will increase the pass advanced rate on the 2020 math SOL (3rd - 7th) from 18% to 25%
- K-6 Teams will participate in professional development around math instruction.
- K-6 Teams will collaboratively plan math workshop.
- K-6 Teams will collaboratively plan math intervention, set student goals, and analyze intervention data.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #2: Reading
Grades 3-6 SOL
Forest Edge ES will increase the percent of students passing the 2020 reading SOL (3rd - 6th) from 76% to 80%. (2017-2018= 77%). Forest Edge ES will increase the percent of students passing advance on the 2020 reading SOL (3rd - 6th) from 18% to 25%.
By June 2020 77% of students K-2 will be reading at or above grade level as measured by the DRA Progress Monitoring.
- K-6 teachers will participate in professional development in the area of reading comprehension.
- K-6 teachers will implement Teachers College Units of Study with a focus on data based small groups
- K-6 teachers will continue to implement daily reading intervention.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #3: Students with Disabilities and ESOL
(SPED) Forest Edge ES will increase the percent of students with disabilities passing by: increasing the 2020 reading pass rate SOL (3rd - 6th) from 44% to % and passing the 2020 math SOL (3rd - 7th) from 45 to ______% **Federal accreditation from 30% to 45%
(ESOL) Forest Edge ES will increase the percentage of students passing the Reading SOL from 29% to 36% (in alignment with the district average)
- (SPED) Using formative and summative data to set individualized goals for students, using the reading progressions.
- (SPED) Giving multiple opportunities to show understanding of content across multiple settings.
- (ESOL) The ESOL in collaboration with Grade Level Teams will monitor DRA growth in grades K-2.
- (ESOL) Increase knowledge of ESOL Best Practices for Tier 1 Instruction.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #4: Parent Engagement
By the end of the 2019-2020 school year, the number of parents who participate in the Parent Engagement Survey will increase from ____% to ___%. By the end of the 2019-2020 school year, the percentage of parents who report feeling “respected” or “very respected” will increase from 82% to 90% based on a school created survey.
- Forest Edge will have a community engagement committee, to meet monthly which will provide professional development and support home-school connection.
- The community engagement team will develop a communication plan in order to streamline communication and keep parents informed.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome #5: Science
The percent of students passing the science SOL will increase from 74% to 79% by spring 2020.
- 4th and 5th teams will focus on academic vocabulary and delivering strong lessons in science.
- 4th and 5th grade will use common assessments regularly.